Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another Go

Another week is about to begin.  I returned home from my trainings last weekend with a sinus and throat infection/illness popping up again (it's been just over 3 months and it won't go away).  I was so exhausted I had trouble just getting regular tasks done this last week.  But....I did find a new doctor...fan fair...YEA!  My previous primary care physician quit taking my insurance, and though he was a nice guy, I was less than thrilled with him (a bit passive and small picture thinking).  I've learned as a person with multiple systematic illnesses/injuries and the type of physical lifestyle I lead, I need a brilliant big picture doctor (Dr. Greg House where are you????) and I think I've found him.  Dr. Banias just may be a God, I'll let you know once we're done with testing at the end of this week. 
Quick Trivia - on the TV show "House" my genetic disorder Hemochromatosis (HHC) has been the "answer" for 2 patients on 2 separate episodes.  Wow!  Both patients lived (barely).
However, I had the weekend off this weekend and am preparing to go teach at the International Zumba Convention in 2 weeks - yeee haw!  And realizing I'm just 6 pounds from my goal weight and 2 weeks from the date I had hoped to reach said goal weight - shit!
But, I've been a good girl this weekend.  The real challenge has been to deal with feeling sick - having felt sick for about 3 months (sinus, exhaustion, sore throat/larnyx, chronic hoarseness and laryngitis) and keep the workouts going, keep the work going, and not overeating due to being a big FRUSTRATED by it all!
However, It's going well.  Topic for tomorrow - using pain as your guide when you're always in pain!  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment