Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Getting Going

Woke up this morning no fever!  Yea!  Am getting going with some work - emails, paperwork, etc.  Then we pack the car, drop off some books to donate at the library.  Next - DMV to fix my missing license plate sticker that fell off over the winter in the cold weather.  All before 2 when I need to pick up my assistant and drive to Michigan for my Basic 1 and Basic 2 zumba trainings this weekend.  Fun, fun, fun.  I still have a sore throat and a little weak feeling, but I think I'll live to dance another day.
Am still on the getting organized kick so I don't have to feel so behind in "getting things done"; and I can give myself a break and stop beating up on myself.  I think most people are hard on themselves and beat themselves up - it gets a little hard when your husband hops in the mix.  It must be hard to see me laying about in pain all the time and even more difficult to reconcile that with what he wishes I could do and then to see some things not getting done and intellectually knowing that I'm in pain and I should be resting, but not fully understanding seeing me resting so frequently.  I understand his frustration, but it just beat up on myself even more.  Would love to hear some positive reinforcement from him, with time maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Barb: Your last two posts so sound like ME. Especially the part about what you used to be able to do and what you can now do with this physical limitation. I used to be able to clean my house top to bottom( the way I like it done)in 4 hours. This week it took me 3 days, one day for each floor!! And the getting organized, I too have been working on that. I cleaned out a cabinet that had not been done in like 10 years. Pathetic, I know. But it felt SO GOOD to get it done. Getting rid of clutter is so freeing! Physically, mentally, and spiritually. YOU truly amaze me!! I let my condition make me give up teaching Zumba(for now). :( You are doing so much for so many!!Congrats on walking the dog every day this week. Hang in there,girl, you have a determination that is to be admired. Stay mentally strong and with God on your side you can do anything! Have a blast in Michigan. :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete