Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot

Woke up today with fever of 102!  Fun!  I had a sore throat and headache yesterday and thought - uh oh!  And today look out.  Feel like hell, this explains why I've been so tired the last few days.  It's such a challenge to figure out when I'm sick, when things are normal, or when I'm just being lazy.  I am constantly judging myself and often angry that I didn't get more done in a day because I have trouble learning what my "new" life restrictions are.  I remember what I used to be able to do and I expect to be able to achieve on that level most of the time.  Logically I know that's silly, but psychologically and emotionally it's super hard not to beat up on yourself. 
On a positive note I was able to walk the dog every day this week (.75 miles - 1.25 miles) even though I've been sick.  And I missed lifting weights and doing legs on Monday but I did lift yesterday (about 50% of my normal).  So, not bad for a sickie.
I'm off tomorrow to teach a double header in Hastings, MI this weekend.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment